The Weld Engineer focuses on existing production providing full technical support for all weld issues, identification of faults and the recommendation and implementation of suitable solutions to resolve problems. Responsible for new projects and development of new welding technologies, undertaking of analysis of new product, identification of welding requirements and manufacturing solutions, including development and testing in order to provide consistent production welding to meet customer, national and international standards. The Weld Engineer ensures internal processes for weld testing are adhered to and corrective actions put in place along with the development of new technologies in order to maintain competitive advantage.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• To prioritise generate and promote safe working practices and adherence to Health and Safety standards at
• Maintain adherence to PPE standards
• Oversee welding qualifications for site personnel
• Oversee welding tests for Temporary Labour
• Establish and implement weld procedures to comply with customer, national / international standards
• Ensure ongoing compliance to weld procedures utilising a layered audit approach
• Write and introduce weld maps to process where appropriate
• Contribute to the development and implementation of production processes to drive improvements in
the manufacturing production
• To provide suitable methods, processes and instructions for the manufacture of products to meet
requirements of safety, quality, productivity and cost
• Work with production teams to solve problems and identify areas for improvement
• Drive out cost by improving productivity and building in quality into production processes and
• Support production and operators throughout the manufacturing process
• Ensure adherence to all regulatory requirements
• Attend meetings as required
• Maintenance of a safe working environment, keeping areas free from debris, ensuring housekeeping
standards are at an acceptable level and recognising potential/actual hazards, taking
to minimise accidents
• Follow and promote company procedures relating to correct disposal of waste
• Support the generation and development of CI/EI actions that benefit the output of the function, health &
safety and compliance to company standards
• HND equivalent, or above in engineering
• Welded fabrication & pressing experience
• CSWIP 3.0 Visual Weld Level 1
• TWI Visual Welding Inspection
• Diploma in Weld Engineering
• EWF European Welding Engineer
• LLW International Welding Engineer
Hours of Work:
The candidate should be willing to work all recognised shift patterns.
Applications and Closing Date:
To apply please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to : firstname.lastname@example.org
We treat all our employees fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or prospective employee on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, colour, race or national or ethnic origin.
Note that your application details will be stored on our recruitment system, if you do not wish for us to retain these details for future opportunities you should inform us at the time of application.
Expiry Date: 06/03/2019
Role Summary: The Weld Engineer focuses on existing production providing full technical support for all weld issues, identification of faults and the recommendation and implementation of suitable solutions to resolve problems.
Date Posted: 06/02/2019Sorry, this job posting has expired.