Site Maintenance Technician
To support the production process and manufacturing team through breakdown repairs and PM’s. To contribute to continuous improvement by identifying and minimising root cause issues and raising safety concerns.
- To prioritise generate and promote safe working practices and adherence to Health and Safety standards at all times
- Maintain adherence to PPE standards
- To provide effective maintenance support to assigned area by responding to breakdowns, diagnosing faults and repairing in a timely manner
- Implement, maintain and monitor/improve a PPM schedule for the assigned area plant and facilities.
- Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance activities on plant and facilities.
- To create standard work and maintenance procedures
- To offer a professional, customer focussed approach to the maintenance of the plant
- To provide necessary and defined data for the natural work team board
- To offer a flexible approach to all requests for maintenance support and be actively part of the engineering team
- Consistently maintain and update all relevant documentation relating to maintenance activities in line with business audit requirements
- Reviewing of KPI data and undertaking role relevant corrective action(s)
- Maintenance of a safe working environment, keeping areas free from debris, ensuring housekeeping standards are at an acceptable level and recognising potential/actual hazards, taking corrective actions to minimise accidents
- Follow and promote company procedures relating to correct disposal of waste
- Support the generation and development of CI/EI actions that benefit the output of the function, health & safety and compliance to company standards
Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum of City & Guilds or equivalent qualification in Electrical and Mechanical disciplines or combined maintenance engineering discipline.
- Must have served a recognised apprenticeship or hold minimum of NVQ level 2 qualification or equivalent
- 17th Edition wiring regulations/2391 inspection and testing (minimum for electrically biased)
- ABB Robotics Electrical
- ABB Robotics Programming
- ABB Robotics – Mig Welding
- ABB Robotics – Safety and Operation (IRC 5)
- PLC Knowledge preferably Rockwell Logix, Drives and Networks
- Basic Hydraulics
- LEAN Principals
- Access Platform
- Fork Lift Truck
- Crane License
- Abrasive Wheel
- Pilz Safety Control (City & Guilds Accredited)
- Sick Safety
Hours of Work:
The candidate should be willing to work all shift patterns.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to : firstname.lastname@example.org
We treat all our employees fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or prospective employee on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, colour, race or national or ethnic origin.
Note that your application details will be stored on our recruitment system, if you do not wish for us to retain these details for future opportunities you should inform us at the time of application.
Expiry Date: 04/03/2019
Role Summary: To support the production process and manufacturing team through breakdown repairs and PM’s. To contribute to continuous improvement by identifying and minimising root cause issues and raising safety concerns.
Date Posted: 22/01/2019Sorry, this job posting has expired.