The maintenance manager will be responsible for both reactive and planned preventative maintenance of equipment, plant and machinery, including attending breakdowns, fault diagnosis and overseeing the work of both internal maintenance technicians and specialist subcontractors.
• General management of the maintenance department providing technical support for electrical/control
and mechanical systems across all plant, ensuring maximum production with minimal downtime. In doing so
ensuring all Maintenance technicians operate within a manner that complies with company Health and
Safety procedures and statutory regulations.
• Manage machine safety, PLC and Robotic software with machinery risk assessments being maintained
• The Implementation of statutory inspection and servicing of lifting equipment, access platforms and
presses, ensuring that LOLER and PUWER regulations are satisfied throughout the manufacturing facility.
• Develop and drive PPM schedules to ensure a robust asset care programme is adhered to.
• Planning and scheduling all maintenance work, both planned preventative maintenance and reactive
• Setting critical and essential spares strategies.
• Ensuring the maintenance department meets department KPI targets.
• Management and co-ordination of contractor registration.
• Issuing of permits to work.
• Preparing and managing an annual maintenance budget that includes planned shutdown works and
• Implementation of CI plans including response to incident reporting.
Additional support functions:
• Support and assist in the implementation of engineering changes.
• Offer feasibility support with respect to the above including software, PLC, Robotic programming and
• Advise Central Engineering on machine safety; process design, control systems and software. (New Projects).
Support site facilities manager where applicable.
Qualifications & Skills:
• Thorough understanding of legal compliance. – PUWER, LOLER, Written scheme.
• Experience of managing a maintenance team within a fast paced manufacturing facility.
• Experience in implementing process improvements and PPM system management.
• Ability to analyse complex data and present simply and concisely with root cause recommendations.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to lead cross functional teams.
• IOSH and NEBOSH
• Timed served apprenticeship in electrical / mechanical maintenance. Proven maintenance background.
• Engineering qualification – HNC/HND in an engineering discipline.
• Computer literacy. MS Office and Shopware.
• Experience of managing budgets.
Hours of Work:The candidate should be willing to work all shift patterns.
Applications and Closing Date:
To apply please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to : email@example.com
We treat all our employees fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or prospective employee on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, colour, race or national or ethnic origin.
Note that your application details will be stored on our recruitment system, if you do not wish for us to retain these details for future opportunities you should inform us at the time of application.
Expiry Date: 15/02/2019
Role Summary: The maintenance manager will be responsible for both reactive and planned preventative maintenance of equipment, plant and machinery, including attending breakdowns, fault diagnosis and overseeing the work of both internal maintenance technicians and specialist subcontractors.
Date Posted: 06/02/2019Sorry, this job posting has expired.