IT Director – GKN Wheels & Structures
GKN Wheels & Structures is a global business with 7 manufacturing facilities in 5 countries across 3 continents.
We are committed to providing solutions and products that meet the ever changing needs of our customers and the industries in which they operate. Designing, manufacturing and supplying the global mining, construction, agricultural, material handling and automotive industries, our market-leading product ranges reflect both our engineering pedigree and wealth of experience and expertise.
There is an ever-increasing need to focus on equipment efficiency, increased productivity, payload and safety, as well to enable operators and customers to be informed and connected with performance data. As a global company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
The role of IT Director – GKN Wheels & Structures will lead the strategy development, implementation and use of technology to support the efficient and profitable running of this global business.
- Agree annual IT plan and cost in consultation with site leadership team requirements, and ensure delivery through global team.
- Prioritise, develop and lead projects based on direction from the GKN Wheels & Structures Executive Team and knowledge of business unit requirements.
- Implement/Oversee operational changes and delivery to the supporting infrastructure in coordination with site leadership in order to deliver agreed targets in the strategy.
- Manage the IT central team and matrix manage site based teams and ensure adequate resources to ensure smooth running of the business overall, including appropriate succession planning.
- Exercise staff oversight to ensure new operational plans, policies, procedure, and transition/migration plans are consistent with the overall company goals and objectives.
- Ensure best value IT is delivered within the division, including effective use of Group IT resources where appropriate.
- Delivery of IT plan on budget, and contribute towards any cost reduction activities as appropriate.
- To ensure the business complies with any GKN or legal IT requirements worldwide.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Essential: Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Information Systems, Business, Communications or other related field.
- Desirable: Qualification in core IT competencies/skills e.g. ITIL, CITP, MBCS, Prince2, APM.
Specific Functional Competencies, Knowledge, and skills required
- Experience of managing a profit, business and customer focused IT function, delivering cost effective innovative solutions.
- A change agent, who can ensure business needs are supported in a timely way, and can drive new ways of working where required.
- Ability to manage and motivate a team spread across the world – excellent project and programme management skills will be essential.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions and strategies
- Experience of working in a manufacturing organisation would be an advantage but is not essential.
- A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN Wheels & Structures. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
Reporting to: Finance Director – GKN Wheels & Structures
Travel: Some travel required to site locations globally according to business needs.
Location: Approximately 60% based in Telford, UK and 40% based in Henley-in-Arden, UK
We treat all our employees fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or prospective employee on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, colour, race or national or ethnic origin.
Note that your application details will be stored on our recruitment system, if you do not wish for us to retain these details for future opportunities you should inform us at the time of application
Expiry Date: 31/01/2019
Role Summary: The role of IT Director – GKN Wheels & Structures will lead the strategy development, implementation and use of technology to support the efficient and profitable running of this global business.
Date Posted: 11/01/2019Sorry, this job posting has expired.